- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
Everton transfers: Moyes rules out selling Baines or Fellaini in January
Everton transfers: David Moyes insists the Toffees will not sell in January amid interest in Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini
David Moyes has insisted that Everton will not sell any of their big-name stars in the January transfer window amid reported interest in Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini.
The 49-year-old’s side are currently in fourth place in the Premier League after an inspired start to the season, with Baines and Fellaini starring.
The England left-back is a reported target for league leaders Manchester United, who are looking to find a long-term replacement for Patrice Evra.
But the Toffees manager is not expecting any of his squad to leave Goodison Park next month.
“Last year, we sold [Diniyar] Bilyaletdinov for £5.5m back to Russia and that gave us the opportunity to go and buy,” said Moyes.
“We brought in Steven Pienaar on loan from Spurs, we bought [Nikica] Jelavic from Rangers for £5m and Darron Gibson from Man Utd for £500,000. We spent the money we got in. That is the way we have tended to work.
“My intention is not to sell anyone this January.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Henry: Time was right to sell Suárez
- Van Gaal hints at defensive signings for Man Utd
- Herrera: My Man Utd debut was a dream
- Shaqiri plays down exit speculation
- Rodgers: Coutinho the brain of Liverpool side