- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal rules out any further signings
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd to sign £34m Vidal, Arsenal target Cavani
- Wenger gives latest Arsenal injury update ahead of Besiktas clash
- Vertonghen & more: Twitter reacts as Dawson swaps Tottenham for Hull
- Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger refuses to rule out further signings
- Photos: Podolski and Sánchez ready for Arsenal’s European showdown
Everton transfers: Moyes rules out selling Baines or Fellaini in January
Everton transfers: David Moyes insists the Toffees will not sell in January amid interest in Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini
David Moyes has insisted that Everton will not sell any of their big-name stars in the January transfer window amid reported interest in Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini.
The 49-year-old’s side are currently in fourth place in the Premier League after an inspired start to the season, with Baines and Fellaini starring.
The England left-back is a reported target for league leaders Manchester United, who are looking to find a long-term replacement for Patrice Evra.
But the Toffees manager is not expecting any of his squad to leave Goodison Park next month.
“Last year, we sold [Diniyar] Bilyaletdinov for £5.5m back to Russia and that gave us the opportunity to go and buy,” said Moyes.
“We brought in Steven Pienaar on loan from Spurs, we bought [Nikica] Jelavic from Rangers for £5m and Darron Gibson from Man Utd for £500,000. We spent the money we got in. That is the way we have tended to work.
“My intention is not to sell anyone this January.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Podolski: Winning is a habit
- Almunia retires due to heart problem
- Costa and Fàbregas thrill Chelsea fans
- Zigic 'offered Arsenal contract'
- Balotelli sports Liverpool-inspired tattoo