- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
Torres: Benítez’s direct style has got me firing for Chelsea again
Fernando Torres believes Rafael Benítez's tactical approach at Chelsea has helped him find his form in front of goal again
Fernando Torres believes the more direct style of play implemented by Rafael Benítez at Chelsea has helped him rediscover his goal-scoring touch.
The Spaniard has netted four goals in his last two games for the Blues after a six-game goalless run, taking his tally to 10 for the season.
Much has been made of Torres’ inability to find any sort of consistent form at Stamford Bridge since swapping Liverpool for Chelsea in January 2011.
But the 28-year-old believes he has been aided by a new tactical approach from interim Blues boss Benítez.
“You can see very clearly we don’t pass the ball as much in the final third, play more direct and exploit the pace with Victor Moses or me or Eden Hazard and use the quality of Juan Mata or Oscar in middle,” said Torres.
“We’re attacking more, creating more chances and working as a team. It takes time when new manager comes but the results give us more confidence which is what we need now.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- 'Everton should have given Lukaku No9 shirt'
- Vidal is a Juve player, insists Marotta
- Hernández thanks Inter for interest
- Williams wants Swansea to keep Bony
- Van Gaal: Man Utd making big steps