- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
- Arsenal transfers: Ray Parlour urges Gunners to sign Edinson Cavani
Torres: Benítez’s direct style has got me firing for Chelsea again
Fernando Torres believes Rafael Benítez's tactical approach at Chelsea has helped him find his form in front of goal again
Fernando Torres believes the more direct style of play implemented by Rafael Benítez at Chelsea has helped him rediscover his goal-scoring touch.
The Spaniard has netted four goals in his last two games for the Blues after a six-game goalless run, taking his tally to 10 for the season.
Much has been made of Torres’ inability to find any sort of consistent form at Stamford Bridge since swapping Liverpool for Chelsea in January 2011.
But the 28-year-old believes he has been aided by a new tactical approach from interim Blues boss Benítez.
“You can see very clearly we don’t pass the ball as much in the final third, play more direct and exploit the pace with Victor Moses or me or Eden Hazard and use the quality of Juan Mata or Oscar in middle,” said Torres.
“We’re attacking more, creating more chances and working as a team. It takes time when new manager comes but the results give us more confidence which is what we need now.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck