- Aaron Ramsey thrilled to see Theo Walcott return to Arsenal training
- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- No player too big for Arsenal, Arsène Wenger tells Liverpool captain
- Photos: Jack Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere in best shape for years, declares Arsène Wenger
Joe Hart: Manchester City must keep belief in title race despite defeat
Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart is backing the Citizens to claw their way back into the title race after loss to Sunderland
Joe Hart has called on his Manchester City team-mates to remain upbeat over the chances of retaining their Premier League crown, despite Wednesday’s defeat by Sunderland.
City’s 1-0 loss at the Stadium of Light saw Premier League leaders Manchester United open up a seven-point lead over Roberto Mancini’s men.
The City goalkeeper admits it “hurt” to lose to Sunderland but is confident his side can claw their way back into the title race over the next few weeks.
“We’ve had leads, United have had the lead – it’s to-ing and fro-ing at the moment,” Hart told the club’s website.
“We’re a team of winners, it’s hard and it hurts but we’ve got to move on. It is hard to lead and it is hard to chase too.
“We’ve clawed points back before, we proved it at the end of last year – we’ve just got to believe.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard