- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry talks up ‘quality’ Gedion Zelalem
- Brendan Rodgers likens Philippe Coutinho to ex-Tottenham star
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Arsenal transfers: Maximilian Arnold ‘dreams’ of Gunners move
- Carragher & more: Twitter reacts as Drogba seals Chelsea return
José Enrique questions Liverpool’s character after Stoke defeat
Liverpool defender José Enrique questions the character of his team-mates after a 3-1 loss to Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium
José Enrique questioned Liverpool’s character after Brendan Rodgers’ men suffered a 3-1 loss to Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium.
But the Reds’ advantage lasted a matter of minutes as Jonathan Walters fired past Pepe Reina, before Kenwyne Jones put the Potters ahead.
Stoke wrapped up three points courtesy of Walters’ instinctive finish soon after half-time to condemn the Reds to their sixth Premier League loss of the season.
“We need more experience and need to show more character in these type of games,” Enrique said.
“You can see we have quality players and we have a good squad, but we need to fight for every point we play for if we want to be in the top four.
“We have to get a winning mentality going and we have to show what we are all about. Every game in this league is difficult but you have to give 100 per cent every time you play for this club and show character.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Cech welcomes Chelsea legend back home
- Man Utd flop Bebe joins Benfica
- Blanc coy on Di Maria link
- Law backs Van Gaal to lead Man Utd into Europe
- Ancelotti tells Di Maria to fight for Madrid future