- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
José Enrique questions Liverpool’s character after Stoke defeat
Liverpool defender José Enrique questions the character of his team-mates after a 3-1 loss to Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium
José Enrique questioned Liverpool’s character after Brendan Rodgers’ men suffered a 3-1 loss to Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium.
But the Reds’ advantage lasted a matter of minutes as Jonathan Walters fired past Pepe Reina, before Kenwyne Jones put the Potters ahead.
Stoke wrapped up three points courtesy of Walters’ instinctive finish soon after half-time to condemn the Reds to their sixth Premier League loss of the season.
“We need more experience and need to show more character in these type of games,” Enrique said.
“You can see we have quality players and we have a good squad, but we need to fight for every point we play for if we want to be in the top four.
“We have to get a winning mentality going and we have to show what we are all about. Every game in this league is difficult but you have to give 100 per cent every time you play for this club and show character.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck