Liverpool transfers: Joe Cole vows to fight for his place amid exit reports
Liverpool transfers: Joe Cole vows to seize any chance to impress Brendan Rodgers despite reports of an imminent Anfield exit
Joe Cole has vowed to seize any chance to impress Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers amid reports the Reds will look to move the playmaker on in January.
However, Cole is desperate to turn around his career at Liverpool, and the England international hopes Rodgers will give him a sustained run in the first-team.
“All I’m doing is giving my all in training every day, and trying to keep my place in the squad when we play Villa. That’s all I can do,” said Cole.
“It has been difficult recently but I have scored in my last two appearances and I want to keep the sequence going if I can. And when I’m called upon, I will do the best job I can.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Koscielny: Arsenal up for top-four fight
- Giroud explains Hillsborough disaster dedication
- Guardiola: Kroos will have final say on his future
- No pressure on Everton in top-four race, says Martinez
- Merson: No top four would be a disaster