- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
- Paul Scholes: Jack Wilshere can come of age at Arsenal this season
Liverpool transfers: Lyon’s Bafétimbi Gomis flattered by interest
Liverpool transfers: Lyon striker Bafétimbi Gomis admits he is flattered by reported interest from Chelsea and the Reds
Bafétimbi Gomis has admitted he is flattered by interest from the Premier League, with Chelsea and Liverpool understood to be monitoring the striker.
The 27-year-old has been in impressive form for Lyon, scoring 10 goals in just 14 Ligue 1 appearances this term.
Brendan Rodgers is keen to add to his striking department in the January transfer window, while Chelsea are also looking for a goal-scorer.
But the France international insisted he is not getting carried with speculation linking him with a move to the English top flight.
“I’m happy, but if it is for my interest, and the three parties are OK and I can progress, then yes. The interest is flattering,” Gomis told Canal+.
“These are big names [Liverpool and Chelsea]. But I do not pollute my mind with the idea of a departure. Anything can go very quickly in football.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photo: Liverpool captain Gerrard meets Bond
- Man Utd target Cavani 'prefers' to stay at PSG
- All of today's football transfer gossip
- Scholes: Man Utd in need of new defenders
- PHOTOS: Liverpool beat Man City on penalties