- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Liverpool transfers: Lyon’s Bafétimbi Gomis flattered by interest
Liverpool transfers: Lyon striker Bafétimbi Gomis admits he is flattered by reported interest from Chelsea and the Reds
Bafétimbi Gomis has admitted he is flattered by interest from the Premier League, with Chelsea and Liverpool understood to be monitoring the striker.
The 27-year-old has been in impressive form for Lyon, scoring 10 goals in just 14 Ligue 1 appearances this term.
Brendan Rodgers is keen to add to his striking department in the January transfer window, while Chelsea are also looking for a goal-scorer.
But the France international insisted he is not getting carried with speculation linking him with a move to the English top flight.
“I’m happy, but if it is for my interest, and the three parties are OK and I can progress, then yes. The interest is flattering,” Gomis told Canal+.
“These are big names [Liverpool and Chelsea]. But I do not pollute my mind with the idea of a departure. Anything can go very quickly in football.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck
- RVP: Falcao will have to earn Man Utd place