- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry talks up ‘quality’ Gedion Zelalem
- Brendan Rodgers likens Philippe Coutinho to ex-Tottenham star
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Arsenal transfers: Maximilian Arnold ‘dreams’ of Gunners move
- Carragher & more: Twitter reacts as Drogba seals Chelsea return
Liverpool transfers: Sterling at right club to become a top player – Cole
Liverpool transfers: Joe Cole says Reds winger Raheem Sterling is at the right club to develop into a "top player"
Joe Cole believes Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling is at the right club to develop into a “top player” in the Premier League.
The Reds are keen to tie down Sterling to a long-term deal at the club, with the former Queens Park Rangers youth star now eligible to sign a senior contract.
And Cole, who burst onto the scene at the Hammers aged 17, has backed the teenager to improve under Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers.
“He’s fantastic,” said Cole. “I’ve looked at him and he’s played about 25 games and he’s only 18 today.
“He’s got everything and he’s at the right club to progress and become a top player.
“He’s already made his debut for England. It’s a great group of young players at Liverpool and we’ve got the right manager for them, so like I said, they’ve done really well.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Cech welcomes Chelsea legend back home
- Man Utd flop Bebe joins Benfica
- Blanc coy on Di Maria link
- Law backs Van Gaal to lead Man Utd into Europe
- Ancelotti tells Di Maria to fight for Madrid future