- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Man City 2 Man Utd 3: Ballotelli can’t continue to play like this – Mancini
Man City 2 Man Utd 3: Roberto Mancini hits out at Mario Balotelli following a quiet performance from the Italy striker
Roberto Mancini warned Mario Balotelli to “start thinking about his job” after the Manchester City striker’s poor performance against Manchester United on Sunday.
The Italy international was hauled off early in the second half after an ineffective display at The Etihad as Sir Alex Ferguson’s men ran out 3-2 winners after a thrilling derby.
Balotelli looked less-than-impressed with his manager’s decision to replace him with Carlos Tevez as he trudged straight down the tunnel in the 51st minute.
And Mancini told the striker that he “cannot continue” to play like he did on Sunday, as Manchester City slipped six points behind Premier League leaders United.
“I love Mario but I think it’s important for him to start thinking about his job,” said Mancini. “He can’t continue to play like today.
“When a player has this quality you can’t understand he will throw it out the window. This is incredible.
“There aren’t words I can say. It’s a bad feeling. When you lose a derby in the final second, it’s hard.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Redknapp: Falcao will fire Man Utd into top four
- Smith: Welbeck only wanted Arsenal move
- PHOTO: Wilshere and Hart all smiles
- Madrid already missing Alonso & Di Maria
- Mertesacker: Arsenal's Chambers has everything