- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
Man City 2 Man Utd 3: Ballotelli can’t continue to play like this – Mancini
Man City 2 Man Utd 3: Roberto Mancini hits out at Mario Balotelli following a quiet performance from the Italy striker
Roberto Mancini warned Mario Balotelli to “start thinking about his job” after the Manchester City striker’s poor performance against Manchester United on Sunday.
The Italy international was hauled off early in the second half after an ineffective display at The Etihad as Sir Alex Ferguson’s men ran out 3-2 winners after a thrilling derby.
Balotelli looked less-than-impressed with his manager’s decision to replace him with Carlos Tevez as he trudged straight down the tunnel in the 51st minute.
And Mancini told the striker that he “cannot continue” to play like he did on Sunday, as Manchester City slipped six points behind Premier League leaders United.
“I love Mario but I think it’s important for him to start thinking about his job,” said Mancini. “He can’t continue to play like today.
“When a player has this quality you can’t understand he will throw it out the window. This is incredible.
“There aren’t words I can say. It’s a bad feeling. When you lose a derby in the final second, it’s hard.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Drogba: Fabregas will realise it is better with Chelsea
- Heskey: Liverpool would be happy with top four
- 'Sneijder set to stay at Galatasaray'
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi
- Origi: Mignolet says Liverpool is perfect for me