- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
Man City transfers: Fernando Llorente open to England move
Manchester City transfers: Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente admits he would be open to a move to the Premier League
Fernando Llorente has admitted he would be open to a move to the Premier League amid reported interest from Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur.
The Spain international has refused to sign a new deal at Athletic Bilbao and will be able to move on a free transfer next summer.
The 27-year-old, who scored 29 goals in 53 appearances last term, has also been heavily linked with a switch to Serie A champions Juventus.
“It is true that we are approaching the date when I can sign for other clubs,” Llorente said.
“I’m trying to keep it so that it is something which is managed by my brother and my representatives. That leaves me to focus in my football and help my team, Athletic, and nothing else, maintain focus.
“I really like the Premier League and I’ve mentioned on more than one occasion that it’s a league which appeals to me a lot.
“You never know. It’s one good option in terms of my future but we’ll have to wait until the end of the season to see what happens.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Cech welcomes Chelsea legend back home
- Man Utd flop Bebe joins Benfica
- Blanc coy on Di Maria link
- Law backs Van Gaal to lead Man Utd into Europe
- Ancelotti tells Di Maria to fight for Madrid future