- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
Man Utd transfers: ‘Ferguson should move for Liverpool’s Sterling’
Man Utd transfers: Former Red Devils winger Willie Morgan calls on Sir Alex Ferguson to make a move to sign Raheem Sterling
Sir Alex Ferguson should try to sign highy-rated Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling, according to former Manchester United midfielder Willie Morgan.
The 18-year-old has become a Liverpool regular this season, starting 15 of their 16 Premier League games after making his Reds debut in March.
Sterling’s impressive displays caught the eye of England manager Roy Hodgson, with the Liverpool forward starting the 4-2 loss to Sweden in November.
Morgan, who made 236 appearances for the Red Devils, believes Sterling, who is yet to pen a long-term deal at Anfield, is one of the best young prospects in England and the teenager would fit in perfectly at United.
“I think United should attempt to buy Liverpool’s left winger Raheem Sterling,” Morgan told the Manchester Evening News.
“Sterling is the first winger I have seen in a long time who looks like a proper winger. He looks very good already and I think he is going to be great.
“If you just let him go wide on the outside of the full-backs all the time I think he will be a great player.
“He’ll frighten people to death, so long as nobody coaches it out of him. He’s the brightest prospect out there and would suit United.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Evra: Van Gaal sorry to see me leave
- Atletico rules out Cazorla bid
- Koeman rules out Schneiderlin exit
- 'Mourinho must sign Lukaku replacement'
- Napoli confirm Fellaini interest