- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Man City defender Kolo Touré eager to sign new deal at Eastlands
Manchester City defender Kolo Touré wants to sign a new deal at the Citizens, with his contract set to expire in the summer
Kolo Touré has admitted he would like to sign a new deal at Manchester City, with his current contract set to expire in the summer.
The Ivory Coast international has returned to Roberto Mancini’s first-team in recent weeks after Vincent Kompany picked up an injury in the Manchester derby.
The 31-year-old turned down a move to Turkish outfit Buraspor in the summer, leading to his omission from City’s squad for the Champions League.
Despite a lack of playing time at the Eastlands outfit, Touré is keen to commit his future to the defending Premier League champions.
“I like it in England. I have been here for all of my career and it’s great to play in England. I really enjoy it. That is why I brought my brother [Yaya] here,” Touré said.
“There are challenges coming and there are changes in life, and I will deal with that if it happened. I wish to stay, but you never know.”
Touré also revealed that it would be difficult to leave City after their support for him during a six-month suspension for taking a diet pill which contained a banned substance in March 2011.
“The club has been here for me. Even through my tough time, everyone was behind me – the people and the staff at the club, everybody, the chairman, everybody,” he added.
“To have this support is great and that is why it would be much more difficult to leave.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Smith: Welbeck only wanted Arsenal move
- PHOTO: Wilshere and Hart all smiles
- Madrid already missing Alonso & Di Maria
- Mertesacker: Arsenal's Chambers has everything
- Arteta: Welbeck will suit Arsenal's style