- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
Man Utd’s Javier Hernández is an example to us all, says RVP
Manchester United striker Robin van Persie heaps praise on Javier Hernández for his commitment to the cause
Robin van Persie has heaped praise on Javier Hernández for his dedication to the Manchester United cause and believes the Mexico striker is setting an example for all of his team-mates.
Hernández has fallen behind Van Persie in Sir Alex Ferguson’s pecking order at Old Trafford but has still managed to notch up nine goals in 18 outings for the Red Devils so far this term.
And Van Persie admits he has been impressed by the striker’s “enthusiasm” at Carrington as he bids to secure a regular starting berth.
“I love Chicharito’s enthusiasm,” Van Persie told MUTV. “I love how he plays and trains and does his work off the pitch after training.
“A couple of weeks ago he wasn’t playing as much but he was in the gym every day doing extra work, and that sets a big example for everyone.”
Hernández has scored 41 goals in 99 appearances for the Red Devils since joining the club from Guadalajara in 2010.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Cech welcomes Chelsea legend back home
- Man Utd flop Bebe joins Benfica
- Blanc coy on Di Maria link
- Law backs Van Gaal to lead Man Utd into Europe
- Ancelotti tells Di Maria to fight for Madrid future