- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
Marouane Fellaini targets Champions League football with Everton
Marouane Fellaini is targeting a top-four finish with Everton this season after scooping league player of the month award
Marouane Fellaini has his sights firmly set on helping Everton qualify for next season’s Champions League after being named the Barclays Premier League player of the month for November.
The Belgian midfielder, the seventh Everton player to claim the accolade since its introduction in 1994, scored four goals and produced three man-of-the-match displays in November for David Moyes’ men.
The 25-year-old has been in sparkling form all season but was quick to stress the importance of his team-mates’ efforts as the Toffees look to secure a top-four finish, with the Merseysiders currently in fourth place in the Premier League table.
“At the moment, I am playing well. I am happy, but the most important things are the team and the club,” he told Everton’s website.
“I try to give my maximum in every game. The manager likes it when I play in attack, so at the moment, it’s good for me and the club. I’ve been scoring the goals and I work hard on the pitch.
“This season we have played well. We thank the fans because we have great support.
“Everybody wants to play Champions League next season so we work hard for this and hopefully we can finish in the top four.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Arsenal train in Austria
- Scholes: Wilshere can come of age
- Scholes: Rooney be next Man Uatd captain
- Three reasons why Chelsea isn't right for Lukaku
- Lukaku ready to 'write new chapter'