- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal coy on Javier Hernandez future
- Arsenal transfers: Serge Aurier confirms Gunners approach
Marouane Fellaini targets Champions League football with Everton
Marouane Fellaini is targeting a top-four finish with Everton this season after scooping league player of the month award
Marouane Fellaini has his sights firmly set on helping Everton qualify for next season’s Champions League after being named the Barclays Premier League player of the month for November.
The Belgian midfielder, the seventh Everton player to claim the accolade since its introduction in 1994, scored four goals and produced three man-of-the-match displays in November for David Moyes’ men.
The 25-year-old has been in sparkling form all season but was quick to stress the importance of his team-mates’ efforts as the Toffees look to secure a top-four finish, with the Merseysiders currently in fourth place in the Premier League table.
“At the moment, I am playing well. I am happy, but the most important things are the team and the club,” he told Everton’s website.
“I try to give my maximum in every game. The manager likes it when I play in attack, so at the moment, it’s good for me and the club. I’ve been scoring the goals and I work hard on the pitch.
“This season we have played well. We thank the fans because we have great support.
“Everybody wants to play Champions League next season so we work hard for this and hopefully we can finish in the top four.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Podolski urges Khedira to join Arsenal
- Vidal 'will join Man Utd next month'
- Aurier confirms Arsenal approach
- Cavani won't rule out PSG exit
- Fàbregas: I'll shine with Torres for Chelsea