- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Newcastle transfers: Marseille’s Loïc Rémy shows interest in Magpies
Newcastle transfers: Marseille striker Loïc Rémy says the Magpies are a "big club" amid reports linking him with a move to England
Loïc Rémy has described Newcastle United as a “big club” amid reports linking the Marseille striker with a move to St James’ Park.
The 25-year-old has emerged as a potential target for Alan Pardew with Demba Ba’s future at Newcastle still uncertain.
Rémy, who was regularly linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur last season, has managed just two goals in 12 appearances for l’OM this term.
The France international spoke in glowing terms about the Magpies but insisted he is unaware of any talks between Marseille and Newcastle.
“They are a very good team [Newcastle],” Rémy told Sky Sports.
“They are a big club with good players, very good fans and a nice stadium that is always full.”
He added: “The window opens in January, and there will be speculation from now until the window closes – if I have to leave then all parties must be happy.
“I have a contract so let’s wait and see what happens.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck
- RVP: Falcao will have to earn Man Utd place
- Rooney thrilled by Falcao arrival
- Özil marks anniversary of Arsenal move
- Kagawa and Liverpool legend seal German moves