- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Vertonghen & more: Twitter reacts as Dawson swaps Tottenham for Hull
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal rules out any further signings
- Rooney, Lineker & more: Twitter reacts as Di Maria completes Man Utd move
Newcastle transfers: Marseille’s Loïc Rémy shows interest in Magpies
Newcastle transfers: Marseille striker Loïc Rémy says the Magpies are a "big club" amid reports linking him with a move to England
Loïc Rémy has described Newcastle United as a “big club” amid reports linking the Marseille striker with a move to St James’ Park.
The 25-year-old has emerged as a potential target for Alan Pardew with Demba Ba’s future at Newcastle still uncertain.
Rémy, who was regularly linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur last season, has managed just two goals in 12 appearances for l’OM this term.
The France international spoke in glowing terms about the Magpies but insisted he is unaware of any talks between Marseille and Newcastle.
“They are a very good team [Newcastle],” Rémy told Sky Sports.
“They are a big club with good players, very good fans and a nice stadium that is always full.”
He added: “The window opens in January, and there will be speculation from now until the window closes – if I have to leave then all parties must be happy.
“I have a contract so let’s wait and see what happens.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Wenger open to further Arsenal signings
- Giroud ruled out until December
- PHOTOS: Sánchez fires Arsenal into group stage
- Man Utd are a joke! Carragher makes Twitter dig