- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal coy on Javier Hernandez future
Newcastle transfers: Marseille’s Loïc Rémy shows interest in Magpies
Newcastle transfers: Marseille striker Loïc Rémy says the Magpies are a "big club" amid reports linking him with a move to England
Loïc Rémy has described Newcastle United as a “big club” amid reports linking the Marseille striker with a move to St James’ Park.
The 25-year-old has emerged as a potential target for Alan Pardew with Demba Ba’s future at Newcastle still uncertain.
Rémy, who was regularly linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur last season, has managed just two goals in 12 appearances for l’OM this term.
The France international spoke in glowing terms about the Magpies but insisted he is unaware of any talks between Marseille and Newcastle.
“They are a very good team [Newcastle],” Rémy told Sky Sports.
“They are a big club with good players, very good fans and a nice stadium that is always full.”
He added: “The window opens in January, and there will be speculation from now until the window closes – if I have to leave then all parties must be happy.
“I have a contract so let’s wait and see what happens.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Pochettino: Lamela is unbelievable
- Costa hails 'outstanding' Chelsea squad
- PHOTOS: Arsenal jet off to New York
- Rodgers updates fans on Borini future
- PHOTOS: Man Utd thrash LA Galaxy