- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Man Utd transfers: Dortmund speak out about Hummels and Reus
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid ‘looking to offload Sami Khedira’
- Lionel Messi ‘enquired about Arsenal move last season’
- Liverpool transfers: Serge Aurier reveals talks over future
- Arsenal transfers: AC Milan admit Mario Balotelli could leave
Patrice Evra: Man Utd players fear the axe from Sir Alex Ferguson
Manchester United's Patrice Evra says the players fear Sir Alex Ferguson will axe them if they surrender another league title
Patrice Evra has admitted the Manchester United players fear Sir Alex Ferguson will sack them if the Red Devils throw away another Premier League title.
Ferguson’s side took a big step towards a 20th top-flight crown by beating defending champions Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday, moving United six points clear at the top of the table.
The Red Devils surrendered an eight-point lead with six games remaining last term as the Citizens won the title on the final day of last season.
And Evra does not want a repeat of last term, with the France left-back urging his United team-mates to be fully focused on beating Sunderland at Old Trafford next weekend.
“I think Ferguson is going to sack everyone if we did that,” Evra told the Telegraph.
“I’m serious. It would not be funny, for the fans, for the players, for everyone.
“I remember what happened last year. We were eight points clear and in the end we lost the league, so a six-point lead means the league is not finished yet.
“There is a long way to go, but I really mean now we have to make sure we are ready for Sunderland on Saturday.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- New signings possible, says Pochettino
- Liverpool's Rodgers coy on Rémy deal
- Fàbregas reveals Mourinho visit
- PHOTOS: Beckham drops in ahead of Man Utd training
- PHOTOS: Liverpool training at Fenway Park