- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
QPR 1 Aston Villa 1: We deserved to win, insists Harry Rednapp
QPR 1 Aston Villa 1: Harry Redknapp believes the Hoops deserved their first Premier League win of the season
Harry Redknapp insisted Queens Park Rangers deserved to beat Aston Villa after the Hoops extended their winless run to 15 games with a draw at Loftus Road.
The home side fell behind inside eight minutes when Brett Holman finished from close range to give Paul Lambert’s side the lead.
The 65-year-old Redknapp, who replaced Mark Hughes last Saturday, was taking charge of his first QPR home fixture – and the Hoops soon responded with Jamie Mackie heading past Brad Guzan.
QPR were by far the more dangerous in the second half. Clint Hill struck the post, while Samba Diakite and Ryan Nelsen both spurned chances to give the west London outfit their first Premier League win of the season.
“We played well, and after a difficult start we came back and dominated the game, we had all the chances and deserved to win the game,” Redknapp told BBC Sport.
“We just couldn’t get the second goal. We are in a difficult position but you’ve got to keep believing, working hard, we need that first win to get us going.”
QPR are still to secure a victory this season after 15 Premier League games, matching Swindon’s winless record in 1993 and leaving the Hoops seven points behind 17th-placed Sunderland.
However, despite the setback, Redknapp refused to be downbeat and the former Spurs manager is targeting their first victory at Wigan Athletic next Saturday.
“We needed it today but it didn’t come and we need to try hard to get it next week against Wigan,” added Redknapp.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings