- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd’s Louis van Gaal needs to show respect, blasts Liverpool legend
- Paul Scholes questions Man Utd’s move for Daley Blind
- Tottenham give latest injury update ahead of Liverpool clash
- Photos: Sánchez all smiles as Arsenal gear up for Leicester trip
QPR’s Harry Redknapp: I’d welcome back loan Ranger DJ Campbell
QPR manager Harry Redknapp refuses to reveal potential transfer targets, but would be glad to welcome back DJ Campbell
Harry Redknapp insists it is premature to be mulling over transfer targets but the QPR manager will be only too glad to welcome loan Ranger DJ Campbell back into the fold come the new year.
Campbell, whose three-month deal at Ipswich Town expires at the end of December, has netted eight times this term, including three in his last two outings.
And though boss Mick McCarthy has designs on acquiring his services on a permanent basis, Redknapp is understandably keen to bolster a strike-force that has mustered just 13 league goals to date.
“I wish DJ was here now, he’d be more than useful,” said Redknapp.
“He’s an enthusiastic player, he gives everything. He’s done very well at Ipswich, so I wish he was around at the moment. We need all the bodies we can get.
“I’m sure he could come back, and if he does, I’m sure he’ll do well here.”
But the Hoops’ boss stopped short of revealing who else might be rocking up at Loftus Road in January, admitting results will dictate the club’s transfer dealings.
He continued: “I haven’t really sat down and discussed players coming in. I haven’t got any targets at the moment, I’m only thinking about the lads that are here and getting the couple of wins we need before the window.
“I’m not looking to get rid of anybody. We need all hands on deck.
“The players have just got to get on and do well for QPR. That’s the key. If they all played to their potential then we won’t have a problem.
“They can’t be thinking about their next move or any other move. This is where they are, this is the club they belong to.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTO: Three Liverpool legends meet at Bayern clash
- Twitter reacts as Chelsea beat Everton
- Everton 3 Chelsea 6: Player ratings
- Fazio available to face Liverpool
- Wilshere ready for 'tough' Leicester game