- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
QPR transfers: Harry Redknapp quashes Brede Hangeland reports
QPR transfers: Harry Redknapp emphatically quashes speculation linking the Hoops with a move for Fulham's Brede Hangeland
Harry Redknapp has emphatically quashed reports linking Queens Park Rangers with a swoop for Fulham defender Brede Hangeland in the January transfer window.
The 65-year-old is expected to be given a sizeable war-chest to improve the Hoops’ squad, with the west London outfit languishing at the bottom of the Premier League.
The R’s have one of the worst defensive records in the English top flight after conceding a staggering 33 goals in 19 games and losing 11 matches this term.
“I’ll bet Martin Jol will be pleased to hear that this morning,” said Redknapp.
“It’s the first I’ve heard of it. He’s a good player but if I was interested I’d ring Martin or the chairman at Fulham.
“But I’ve made no approach for him. He’s a top player at Fulham so I wouldn’t think he’d be available to sign.”
Redknapp said that he will be looking to strengthen QPR’s squad during the January transfer window in a bid to give the club the best chance of staying in the Premier League.
But the Hoops manager will not splurge cash next month for the sake of it and will try to identify targets who he feels can make a valuable input in their relegation battle.
“I’ve got positions [I want to improve] but I haven’t got a number [of targets],” he added.
“I wouldn’t just bring them in for the sake of it. If I can’t bring people in who can do a job for us then I wouldn’t bother.
“There’s no point in bringing players in for the sake of it. I’ve got to bring people in who can help us. If I can’t bring those people in, I won’t bother. I may as well sit tight.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Owen: Falcao is signing of the summer
- Is Falcao the signing Man Utd need?
- Falcao is top buy, declares Ronaldo
- PHOTO: Arsenal & Liverpool stars go to the cinema