- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
QPR’s Adel Taarabt wants Morocco call for African Cup of Nations
QPR midfielder Adel Taarabt admits he wants to join up with Morocco and play at next month's African Cup of Nations
Adel Taarabt has told Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp that he wants to play for Morocco at next month’s African Cup of Nations.
In a disastrous season for QPR, Taarabt has been a rare positive, with the former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder scoring four goals in 13 appearances.
Taarabt is yet to feature in the African Cup of Nations after ending his international career following his omission for a qualifier against Algeria in June 2011.
He reneged on that decision less than four months later, and Taarabt is now relishing the opportunity to play in the tournament for the first time – if he is included in Morocco’s squad.
“I will do everything I can to prove to him that I deserve to be there,” Taarabt told the African football blog on www.lequipe.fr.
“He came to see me to ask me not to go but I told him, “If they call me, I can’t refuse, boss. I love my country, I love the Moroccan people and football means a lot to them”.
“I warned him that the only solution was that the coach doesn’t call me up.”
Taarabt added: “The coach isn’t obliged to take me. I hope to be at the African Nations Cup but even if I’m not there, and that would be painful, I will be the biggest Morocco supporter.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Drogba: Fabregas will realise it is better with Chelsea
- Heskey: Liverpool would be happy with top four
- 'Sneijder set to stay at Galatasaray'
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi
- Origi: Mignolet says Liverpool is perfect for me