- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Three reasons why Arturo Vidal should join Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
QPR’s Shaun Wright-Phillips: We’re moving in the right direction
QPR's Shaun Wright-Phillips says the Hoops are moving in the right direction after finally securing their first win of the season
Shaun Wright-Phillips believes Queens Park Rangers are “moving in the right direction” after securing their first Premier League victory of the season.
The Hoops are now unbeaten in five Premier League outings, and the England international is confident QPR can move out of the bottom three if they continue their current run of form.
“We got everything we deserved,” Wright-Phillips told QPR’s website.
“We controlled the game from start to finish. I think they only had two corners and one deflected shot which went in.
“Let’s not get it wrong, Fulham are a great team. They showed us that last season so to come up against them and control the game in the way we did just shows we are a team that’s moving in the right direction.
“I thought we defended really well. When we had to put our foot in, we did that.”
Wright-Phillips heaped praise on Queens Park Rangers centre-half pairing Clint Hill and Ryan Nelsen for their role in the Hoops’ first Premier League victory of the season.
The Cottagers only managed five attempts at Rob Green’s goal in a much-improved defensively display by the Hoops, and Wright-Phillips pinpointed the leadership of Hill and Nelsen as a key factor.
“Nellie and Hilly are constantly talking to everyone in front of them and it helps a lot,” he added.
“As an attacker sometimes you can lose concentration because you’re thinking about going forward, but with them in your ear it keeps you on your toes – even if it does irritate you!
“They put you in the right positions to make the interceptions and tackles needed.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ramsey wishes Jenkinson luck at West Ham
- Grenier rubbishes Lyon exit speculation
- 'Arsenal will need to activate Quintero's clause'
- Evans lifts lid on Van Gaal's methods
- Campbell: I'm good enough for Arsenal