- Arsenal transfers: Sami Khedira ‘agrees personal terms with Gunners’
- Man Utd transfers: Dortmund speak out about Hummels and Reus
- Abou Diaby can be a major asset for Arsenal, says Arsène Wenger
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid ‘looking to offload Sami Khedira’
- Photos: Man Utd train ahead of LA Galaxy clash
- Lionel Messi ‘enquired about Arsenal move last season’
Reading 0 Swansea 0: Brian McDermott pleased with ‘progress’
Reading 0 Swansea 0: Brian McDermott plays up the importance of his side's clean sheet as they secure their first point in seven
Brian McDermott felt his Reading side have taken a step in the right direction after they played out a goalless draw with Swansea City on Wednesday.
The Royals, who saw substitute Adam Le Fondre’s effort ruled out for handball, lifted themselves off the foot of the Premier League table with their first point in seven top-flight outings.
And the Reading boss played up the importance of his side’s clean sheet as they look to pull themselves out of the relegation zone.
“It is progress,” the Reading boss told BBC Sport. “We’ve been having 7-5, 4-3, 3-3 and 2-2 games here so to get a clean sheet is very important.
“Adam had a goal disallowed for handball – they generally give those here so I was a little disappointed we didn’t get that.
“We move on and we’re looking forward to the next game against West Ham. In the Championship we tried to win every single game because we were trying to entertain our fans.
“Psychologically, it’s a lift for us. We’re off the bottom. They talk about the past, but this is doable for us – we believe it’s doable, I believe it’s doable. We’re going to relish the challenge.”
Reading host West Ham in their next Premier League game at the Madejski Stadium on Saturday.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Messi 'enquired about Arsenal move'
- Mourinho convinced Chelsea can win the title
- AC Milan admit Balotelli could leave
- Liverpool 'beat Arsenal to Manquillo deal'
- Zaha keen to impress Van Gaal