- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
Shinji Kagawa could feature for Man Utd against Man City
Shinji Kagawa could be on the bench for Manchester United's clash with Manchester City on Sunday, Sir Alex Ferguson reveals
Shinji Kagawa has returned to training with Manchester United after being sidelined with a knee injury, with manager Sir Alex Ferguson hinting the midfielder could make the bench for this weekend’s Manchester derby.
The Japan international has been out of action since October after suffering the problem during United’s 3-2 Champions League win over Braga.
The 23-year-old, who sealed a move to Old Trafford from Borussia Dortmund back in June, has scored two goals in eight appearances for the Red Devils – and Ferguson suggested he could be in his plans for Sunday’s clash against the Premier League champions.
“Shinji Kagawa’s injury has been longer than we thought. He’s much better now and I don’t think he’s far away,” Ferguson said.
“He started running today and he may make the bench [against Manchester City]. Obviously Nani and [Antonio] Valencia are still out and that’s why I played [Wayne] Rooney on wide right.
“I thought it was his best performance of the season. Against Cluj I’m picking a team without any thought of Manchester City. It’s a matter of who needs a game.”
Highly-rated Kagawa scored 29 goals in 71 appearances for Borussia Dortmund before securing a move to England in the summer.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Drogba: Fabregas will realise it is better with Chelsea
- Heskey: Liverpool would be happy with top four
- 'Sneijder set to stay at Galatasaray'
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi
- Origi: Mignolet says Liverpool is perfect for me