- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
- ‘Rene Meulensteen return would be great news for Man Utd’
Stoke transfers: We won’t be selling our top players, insists Tony Pulis
Stoke transfers: Tony Pulis insists the Potters will not be selling their "better players" in January, including Asmir Begovic
Tony Pulis insists Stoke City will not be selling any of their top players in the January transfer window, amid reported interest in Asmir Begovic from Liverpool and Manchester United.
Potters goalkeeper Asmir Begovic has already kept seven clean sheets in the top flight this term, while captain Ryan Shawcross has also been linked with a return to United.
But Pulis was bullish about the speculation linking players with a move away from the Britannia Stadium, insisting he would not be cashing in on his top performers.
“If a big club comes in for any of our players, then it is very difficult to say ‘no, we are not going to do it,’” said Pulis.
“You can talk as much as you want, though – one thing I will say is that it is a big year for us this year and we will not be selling any of our better players in the January window, and that is full stop.
“It is a massive year for every club in the Premier League and this football club realises and recognises that.
“You hope you get interest because it shows the player is playing really well. But there will be no sales.
“We will be looking to bring one or two in, but there will be no sales of any of the big players at this football club during the window.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTO: Suárez gives Gerrard signed Barcelona shirt
- 'Falcao would have slotted in Arsenal side'
- Twitter reacts to reports Falcao will join Man Utd
- Balotelli tell Sturridge to brush up his dancing
- 'Falcao will give Man Utd wonderful lift'