- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
- ‘Rene Meulensteen return would be great news for Man Utd’
Tottenham transfers: Christian Eriksen hints at move to England
Tottenham transfers: Christian Eriksen suggests he could end up playing in the Premier League amid reported Spurs interest
Christian Eriksen has admitted his future could lie in England, with Tottenham and Liverpool reported to be interested in the Ajax midfielder.
The 20-year-old, whose Ajax contract runs until 2014, is understood to have been the subject of bids from Spurs and the Reds in recent transfer windows.
Now, Eriksen, capped 30 times by Denmark, has triggered a fresh wave of speculation over his future by admitting he would be keen on a move to England, Italy or Spain.
But the midfielder, who has netted six goals in 20 appearances this season, says he wants to “make his mark” at the Dutch club before seeking pastures new.
“I think that my future lies in England, Italy or Spain. These are the competitions that I like,” said Eriksen.
“I do not know what I will do in a few months’ time yet, but I want to leave my mark before moving on.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Fletcher: Man Utd must believe in Van Gaal
- Drogba: Costa a 'special' Chelsea player
- Ramsey: Arsenal must be more clinical
- Redknapp: It was good Balotelli didn't score
- Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Gerrard