- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Tottenham transfers: Fernando Llorente set to leave Bilbao on a free
Tottenham transfers: Striker Fernando Llorente confirms he is set to quit Athletic Bilbao on a free transfer next summer
Tottenham are among the Premier League clubs to have been put on alert after Fernando Llorente confirmed he is to leave Athletic Bilbao on a free transfer next summer.
The 27-year-old striker has rejected Bilbao’s offer of a new deal and insisted his decision to quit the club was not to do with money.
“Yes, I’m leaving on June 30,” said Llorente. “I want to try other things. I made [my decision] when I played my first match at San Mames in the Europa League.
“Let it be clearly stated – it is not an economic issue. Athletic’s offer was irresistible.
“The press has not really helped my renewal. It is one of the reasons that bad feeling has been generated towards me on the field [from the fans], and that’s what has prompted me to not renew. That, along with many other things.
“You [the media] have not helped because most of what has come out in the press has been lies, but people have tipped the balance against me.
“That has come out on the field, with people blowing their whistles. It is [only] a section that wants me out, I respect that. I feel loved by most of the Athletic fans.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Redknapp: Falcao will fire Man Utd into top four
- Smith: Welbeck only wanted Arsenal move
- PHOTO: Wilshere and Hart all smiles
- Madrid already missing Alonso & Di Maria
- Mertesacker: Arsenal's Chambers has everything