- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal rules out any further signings
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd to sign £34m Vidal, Arsenal target Cavani
- Wenger gives latest Arsenal injury update ahead of Besiktas clash
- Vertonghen & more: Twitter reacts as Dawson swaps Tottenham for Hull
- Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger refuses to rule out further signings
- Photos: Podolski and Sánchez ready for Arsenal’s European showdown
West Brom 0 Stoke City 1: Pulis revels in first away win since January
West Brom 0 Stoke City 1: Tony Pulis praises the Potters for their first away win since a victory at Ewood Park in January
Tony Pulis heaped praise on Stoke City for securing their first away victory of the Premier League campaign courtesy of Dean Whitehead’s second-half winner at the Hawthorns.
Potters striker Kenweyne Jones spurned the best chance of a tight first half when his header drifted wide of West Bromwich Albion’s goal.
The Baggies rarely threatened, and the visitors took the lead in the 74th minute after Michael Kightly’s good run and cross was tucked past West Brom goalkeeper Boaz Myhill by Whitehead.
“It’s undoubtedly a huge monkey off of our back, having finally picked up those three points here today,” said Pulis.
“We have had four draws away from home this year and in a couple of those, we have been hugely unfortunate not to have won the game.
“We have performed a lot better on the road this season, but we have just needed that little bit of luck on the day to get us over the finishing line. Thankfully today, things went our way and we got the win we were all so desperate for.”
He added: “We felt a win would come if we continued to do the same things as we have been doing, and hopefully this win can prove to be the springboard for us to go on and pick up more points on the road.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Costa and Fàbregas thrill Chelsea fans
- Zigic 'offered Arsenal contract'
- Balotelli sports Liverpool-inspired tattoo
- Marcelo 'very sad' to see Di Maria leave
- Thompson: Rodgers should sign Puncheon