- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
West Ham transfers: Sam Allardyce ponders move for Liverpool’s Joe Cole
West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce admits he would be interested in a loan deal for Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole
Sam Allardyce admits he would be interested in bringing Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole to West Ham United on a loan deal in January.
The 31-year-old has struggled to make an impact at Liverpool since moving to the Merseyside outfit in 2010 and has only made three appearances this term.
Allardyce has already signed Liverpool striker Andy Carroll on a season-long loan deal, and the Hammers boss would be interested in a similar move for the England international.
“My chairmen extended as much money as they possibly could in August – and went beyond it,” said Allardyce.
“Whether they can find any more or not is something I will discuss with them in the near future.
“I think if there is a chance [of bringing Cole back to Upton Park], it would be more on the terms of a loan, than on a permanent deal for the player.”
“I signed him as an 11-year-old, no-one knows Joe better than me. I still think he’s got the talent and there’s a top player in there.
“I like him very much as a person as well as a player, but I’ve not made any enquiries for Joe or for anyone at the moment.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Arsenal train in Austria
- Scholes: Wilshere can come of age
- Scholes: Rooney be next Man Uatd captain
- Three reasons why Chelsea isn't right for Lukaku
- Lukaku ready to 'write new chapter'