- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Man Utd transfers: Thomas Müller confirms Red Devils snub
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Red Devils only need two new top players’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal step up Khedira bid, Man Utd to sign Alonso
West Ham transfers: Sam Allardyce ponders move for Liverpool’s Joe Cole
West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce admits he would be interested in a loan deal for Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole
Sam Allardyce admits he would be interested in bringing Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole to West Ham United on a loan deal in January.
The 31-year-old has struggled to make an impact at Liverpool since moving to the Merseyside outfit in 2010 and has only made three appearances this term.
Allardyce has already signed Liverpool striker Andy Carroll on a season-long loan deal, and the Hammers boss would be interested in a similar move for the England international.
“My chairmen extended as much money as they possibly could in August – and went beyond it,” said Allardyce.
“Whether they can find any more or not is something I will discuss with them in the near future.
“I think if there is a chance [of bringing Cole back to Upton Park], it would be more on the terms of a loan, than on a permanent deal for the player.”
“I signed him as an 11-year-old, no-one knows Joe better than me. I still think he’s got the talent and there’s a top player in there.
“I like him very much as a person as well as a player, but I’ve not made any enquiries for Joe or for anyone at the moment.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- 'Liverpool should sign Falcao or Reus'
- Scholes: Fàbregas perfect for Man Utd
- VIDEO: Were you ever bitten by Suárez, Jamie?
- Wenger: No regrets about not signing Fàbregas
- Martinez: Sánchez has big-game mentality