- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
- ‘Rene Meulensteen return would be great news for Man Utd’
West Ham transfers: Sam Allardyce ponders move for Liverpool’s Joe Cole
West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce admits he would be interested in a loan deal for Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole
Sam Allardyce admits he would be interested in bringing Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole to West Ham United on a loan deal in January.
The 31-year-old has struggled to make an impact at Liverpool since moving to the Merseyside outfit in 2010 and has only made three appearances this term.
Allardyce has already signed Liverpool striker Andy Carroll on a season-long loan deal, and the Hammers boss would be interested in a similar move for the England international.
“My chairmen extended as much money as they possibly could in August – and went beyond it,” said Allardyce.
“Whether they can find any more or not is something I will discuss with them in the near future.
“I think if there is a chance [of bringing Cole back to Upton Park], it would be more on the terms of a loan, than on a permanent deal for the player.”
“I signed him as an 11-year-old, no-one knows Joe better than me. I still think he’s got the talent and there’s a top player in there.
“I like him very much as a person as well as a player, but I’ve not made any enquiries for Joe or for anyone at the moment.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTO: Suárez gives Gerrard signed Barcelona shirt
- 'Falcao would have slotted in Arsenal side'
- Twitter reacts to reports Falcao will join Man Utd
- Balotelli tell Sturridge to brush up his dancing
- 'Falcao will give Man Utd wonderful lift'