- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
Man City’s Touré: Balotelli can be one of the Premier League’s top strikers
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Touré believes Mario Balotelli can become one of the Premier League's "top strikers"
Yaya Touré believes Manchester City’s Mario Balotelli can become “one of the top strikers” in the Premier League.
Balotelli lasted a mere 47 minutes of the Citizens’ 3-2 loss to Manchester United at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday before he was replaced by Carlos Tévez.
It capped what has been a thoroughly disappointing start to the campaign for the 22-year-old, having scored one goal in 13 league appearances.
Balotelli has been linked with a return to Serie A despite Roberto Mancini’s continued support for his compatriot, and now Touré has come his team-mate’s defence.
“Mario is an unbelievable player, but sometimes he can be angry with himself,” Touré told the Manchester Evening News.
“All players need to improve, and I talk all the time with Mario.
“This year especially he has been working hard in training, and improving well, but sometimes in the game you can get so disappointed when you lose small things.
“But he has fantastic character, and I know he will be one of the top strikers in the Premier League.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Koeman rules out Schneiderlin exit
- Owen: Rodgers will control Balotelli
- Cazorla's 'morale high' after Arsenal successes
- PHOTOS: Rooney & RVP star in Man Utd training
- VIDEO: Gibbs & Ox nominate Marriner for Ice Bucket Challenge