- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd’s Louis van Gaal needs to show respect, blasts Liverpool legend
- Paul Scholes questions Man Utd’s move for Daley Blind
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Tottenham give latest injury update ahead of Liverpool clash
- Photos: Sánchez all smiles as Arsenal gear up for Leicester trip
Africa Cup of Nations 2013: Zambia must beat Burkina Faso – Katongo
Africa Cup of Nations 2013: Zambia captain Chris Katongo says their final group game is must-win after drawing with Nigeria
h3>Zambia captain Chris Katongo admitted their final Group C match against Burkina Faso is a must-win encounter after goalkeeper Kennedy Mweene’s last-gasp penalty rescued a point against Nigeria.
Mweene’s spot-kick drew the holders level, after Emmanuel Emenike gave the Super Eagles the lead, but Chelsea’s John Obi-Mikel missed a vital penalty of his own.
And Katongo, BBC Africa Player of the Year for 2012, believes Zambia must take control of their own destiny before taking a swipe at the sub-standard Nelspruit pitch.
“Everybody knows the importance of the last game,” said Katongo.
“We just wait for the [Burkina Faso v Ethiopia] result, but definitely Nigeria and Zambia have to win their last game.
“You can see the pitch – everyone is struggling with the pitch – I think this is the worst pitch South Africa has but there is nothing we can do.”
Zambia coach Herve Renard was satisfied with a point, thanks to Mweene’s ice-cool effort from 12 yards, and believes Chipolopolo can still progress.
“I’m happy with the result because of the circumstances,” he said.
“Never forget we had Nigeria ahead of us. We are still alive and we are still in a good [position] to qualify.”
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi insisted a point was good enough for the Super Eagles, but was disappointed not to get more.
“I have no choice but to be happy, but my goal was to get three points,” Keshi added.
“Zambia were never going to be easy to play against.”
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTO: Three Liverpool legends meet at Bayern clash
- Twitter reacts as Chelsea beat Everton
- Everton 3 Chelsea 6: Player ratings
- Fazio available to face Liverpool
- Wilshere ready for 'tough' Leicester game