- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
Arsenal 2 Liverpool 2: We’re disappointed not to win – Rodgers
Arsenal 2 Liverpool 2: Brendan Rodgers admits he is disappointed the Reds were unable to hold on for victory at The Emirates
Brendan Rodgers says that he was disappointed Liverpool failed to hold on and beat Arsenal after a second-half comeback helped the Gunners rescue a point at The Emirates.
Liverpool appeared to have secured victory early into the second half after Jordan Henderson showed great tenacity to capitalise on poor Gunners defending to double the visitors’ lead.
However, Olivier Giroud’s powerful header and Theo Walcott’s scintillating drive restored parity a mere seven minutes after Henderson’s strike, ensuring the north London side remained three points clear of seventh-place Liverpool.
“We are disappointed not to win because in that first hour we had control and created a lot of chances,” Rodgers told BBC Sport.
“We knew Arsenal would have a 10-minute spell, but I think it was a debatable free-kick for their first goal. That gave them momentum, but we were resilient and stuck together and I can’t fault my players.
“They were magnificent tonight, we scored two and could have had a lot more.”
Next up for Liverpool is a trip to the defending Premier League champions Manchester City, and Rodgers is confident his side can get a positive result at the Etihad Stadium.
“We’re more than capable of going to Man City and getting a result,” said Rodgers.
And on the transfer front, he added: “There will be no more players coming in, that’s correct.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Owen: Falcao is signing of the summer
- Is Falcao the signing Man Utd need?
- Falcao is top buy, declares Ronaldo
- PHOTO: Arsenal & Liverpool stars go to the cinema