- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
Arsenal 2 Liverpool 2: We’re disappointed not to win – Rodgers
Arsenal 2 Liverpool 2: Brendan Rodgers admits he is disappointed the Reds were unable to hold on for victory at The Emirates
Brendan Rodgers says that he was disappointed Liverpool failed to hold on and beat Arsenal after a second-half comeback helped the Gunners rescue a point at The Emirates.
Liverpool appeared to have secured victory early into the second half after Jordan Henderson showed great tenacity to capitalise on poor Gunners defending to double the visitors’ lead.
However, Olivier Giroud’s powerful header and Theo Walcott’s scintillating drive restored parity a mere seven minutes after Henderson’s strike, ensuring the north London side remained three points clear of seventh-place Liverpool.
“We are disappointed not to win because in that first hour we had control and created a lot of chances,” Rodgers told BBC Sport.
“We knew Arsenal would have a 10-minute spell, but I think it was a debatable free-kick for their first goal. That gave them momentum, but we were resilient and stuck together and I can’t fault my players.
“They were magnificent tonight, we scored two and could have had a lot more.”
Next up for Liverpool is a trip to the defending Premier League champions Manchester City, and Rodgers is confident his side can get a positive result at the Etihad Stadium.
“We’re more than capable of going to Man City and getting a result,” said Rodgers.
And on the transfer front, he added: “There will be no more players coming in, that’s correct.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Oxlade-Chamberlain hails Chambers's move
- Juventus confident of Vidal stay
- Van Gaal: I won't buy for the sake of it
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers