- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere eager to end eight-year trophy drought this season
Arsenal's Jack Wilshere reveals the Gunners are desperate to end their painful eight-year trophy drought this season
Jack Wilshere has revealed that Arsenal are desperate to end their painful eight-year trophy drought by winning the Champions League or FA Cup this season.
The Gunners were denied a place in the FA Cup fourth round by Danny Graham’s late equaliser for Swansea on Sunday, setting up a replay at The Emirates next week.
In Europe, Arsène Wenger’s side were pitted against last year’s Champions League runners-up Bayern Munich in the last 16 after finishing behind Schalke 04 in Group B.
“We all want a trophy,” said Wilshere. “As players, when you finish your careers you look back and see how many trophies you have won, so we all want trophies, and the fans want trophies as well.
“We are hungry for trophies and if we get a trophy this year, then maybe it can open the way for a few more.
“We have got a good group of young players here and experienced players as well. So, if we get a trophy this year or in the next couple of years, we can really build something over the next few years.
“Obviously it is easy to sit here and say that when we get one trophy it will happen, but we need to get that first trophy. We know how tough the FA Cup is this year and we are still in the Champions League as well.
“So we are in a good position, we just need to make sure we get the results now.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings