- Photos: Alexis Sánchez joins Arsenal squad ahead of Emirates Cup
- Aaron Ramsey thrilled to see Theo Walcott return to Arsenal training
- Photos: Jack Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Arsène Wenger tells Liverpool captain
- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere in best shape for years, declares Arsène Wenger
He’s on fire! Arsenal’s Theo Walcott heaps praise on Olivier Giroud
Arsenal striker Theo Walcott heaps praise on his strike partner Olivier Giroud after the France international scored against Liverpool
Theo Walcott has heaped praise on his Arsenal striker partner Olivier Giroud after the Frenchman continued his goal-scoring run against Liverpool on Wednesday.
The former Montpellier striker scored his fifth goal in three appearances in the second half, helping the Gunners salvage a 2-2 draw after the Reds had stormed into a commanding two-goal lead.
“It was a fantastic touch for [my goal] and his goal was what he is known for,” Walcott told Arsenal’s website. “He has been on fire in recent weeks and he is great to play with.
“His touch [for the equaliser] was fantastic and allowed me to hit it first time – I think I caught the keeper by surprise. It was a great moment but it’s just a shame we didn’t get the win.
“Before the game I felt it was going to be very open. Liverpool played well in patches but in the second half we were absolutely fantastic.
“It took us a while to get going and I felt their goal was against the run of play, but it was a great game for the neutral. It feels like a loss [in the dressing room] but if we look at the whole game it is probably a fair result.”
Walcott is confident Arsenal can beat Stoke City at The Emirates on Saturday if the Gunners replicate their second-half performance against Liverpool.
“We’re at home, we’re very strong and we need to pick up three points rather than a point,” he added. “If we show the performance from the second half [against Liverpool] then I am sure we will beat them.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodríguez urges Cuadrado to join Barcelona
- 'Van Gaal won't make same mistakes as Moyes'
- Lamela hoping for 'big season' at Spurs
- Ramsey thrilled to see Walcott return to training
- No player too big for Arsenal, Wenger tells Gerrard