- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
He’s on fire! Arsenal’s Theo Walcott heaps praise on Olivier Giroud
Arsenal striker Theo Walcott heaps praise on his strike partner Olivier Giroud after the France international scored against Liverpool
Theo Walcott has heaped praise on his Arsenal striker partner Olivier Giroud after the Frenchman continued his goal-scoring run against Liverpool on Wednesday.
The former Montpellier striker scored his fifth goal in three appearances in the second half, helping the Gunners salvage a 2-2 draw after the Reds had stormed into a commanding two-goal lead.
“It was a fantastic touch for [my goal] and his goal was what he is known for,” Walcott told Arsenal’s website. “He has been on fire in recent weeks and he is great to play with.
“His touch [for the equaliser] was fantastic and allowed me to hit it first time – I think I caught the keeper by surprise. It was a great moment but it’s just a shame we didn’t get the win.
“Before the game I felt it was going to be very open. Liverpool played well in patches but in the second half we were absolutely fantastic.
“It took us a while to get going and I felt their goal was against the run of play, but it was a great game for the neutral. It feels like a loss [in the dressing room] but if we look at the whole game it is probably a fair result.”
Walcott is confident Arsenal can beat Stoke City at The Emirates on Saturday if the Gunners replicate their second-half performance against Liverpool.
“We’re at home, we’re very strong and we need to pick up three points rather than a point,” he added. “If we show the performance from the second half [against Liverpool] then I am sure we will beat them.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Özil is not getting enough praise, says Wenger
- Pochettino: Fazio must adapt to Spurs philosophy
- Rose: Pochettino has already improved me
- Back Man City & four more to win at 10/1!
- PHOTOS: Man Utd gear up for Burnley trip