- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger denies move for Wilfried Zaha
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger denies Gunners were ever in running to sign Wilfried Zaha, with winger set to join Manchester United
Arsène Wenger has denied that Arsenal were ever in the running to sign Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace.
The Gunners had been touted as a possible destination for the highly-rated 20-year-old, who has attracted interest from a host of Premier League clubs.
It is understood that Zaha is close to securing a £12m transfer to Manchester United this month and could be loaned back to Palace for the rest of the season.
And Arsenal boss Wenger insisted that the north Londoners were “never” close to signing the winger.
“If Zaha goes to Man Utd, good luck to him,” Wenger told a press conference on Tuesday. “We were never in for him. Never.”
Zaha has netted five league goals in 26 appearances for Crystal Palace so far this season.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- 'Everton should have given Lukaku No9 shirt'
- Vidal is a Juve player, insists Marotta
- Hernández thanks Inter for interest
- Williams wants Swansea to keep Bony
- Van Gaal: Man Utd making big steps