- Arsenal transfers: Sami Khedira ‘agrees personal terms with Gunners’
- Man Utd transfers: Dortmund speak out about Hummels and Reus
- Abou Diaby can be a major asset for Arsenal, says Arsène Wenger
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid ‘looking to offload Sami Khedira’
- Photos: Man Utd train ahead of LA Galaxy clash
- Photos: Liverpool train at Harvard University
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger denies move for Wilfried Zaha
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger denies Gunners were ever in running to sign Wilfried Zaha, with winger set to join Manchester United
Arsène Wenger has denied that Arsenal were ever in the running to sign Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace.
The Gunners had been touted as a possible destination for the highly-rated 20-year-old, who has attracted interest from a host of Premier League clubs.
It is understood that Zaha is close to securing a £12m transfer to Manchester United this month and could be loaned back to Palace for the rest of the season.
And Arsenal boss Wenger insisted that the north Londoners were “never” close to signing the winger.
“If Zaha goes to Man Utd, good luck to him,” Wenger told a press conference on Tuesday. “We were never in for him. Never.”
Zaha has netted five league goals in 26 appearances for Crystal Palace so far this season.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Messi 'enquired about Arsenal move'
- Mourinho convinced Chelsea can win the title
- AC Milan admit Balotelli could leave
- Liverpool 'beat Arsenal to Manquillo deal'
- Zaha keen to impress Van Gaal