- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
- Paul Scholes: Jack Wilshere can come of age at Arsenal this season
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger impressed by West Ham’s Mo Diamé
Arsenal transfers: Gunners manager Arsène Wenger says that he has been impressed by West Ham's Mohamed Diamé this season
Arsène Wenger admits that he has been impressed by West Ham United midfielder Mohamed Diamé this season, amid mounting reports Arsenal could swoop for the midfielder.
The Senegal international has been in sparkling form this term, with his performances helping to propel the Hammers into the top half of the Premier League.
Diamé reportedly has a £3.5m release clause in his contract after completing a switch to West Ham from Wigan Athletic during the summer.
It has prompted interest from a host of top-flight clubs, and Wenger has taken not of Diamé’s match-winning displays, particularly in a 3-1 victory over Chelsea.
“He has a great presence and can drive the midfield,” said Wenger.
“I’ve seen him in games where he’s had a big impact, for example against Chelsea. ”
Last week, West Ham manager Sam Allardyce played down the chances of Diamé completing a possible switch across London to the Gunners.
“You are always worried about losing players but we have not had a bid from Arsenal for Diamé. I can’t see where he would fit into their side,” said Allardyce.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Mourinho explains Lukaku's sale to Everton
- Gerrard: Suárez too good for Arsenal
- Rodgers promises more Liverpool arrivals
- Photos: Costa & Fabregas impress v Vitesse
- Video: Fàbregas scores first Chelsea goal