- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Photos: Joel Campbell and Abou Diaby shine in Arsenal U21 win
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger impressed by West Ham’s Mo Diamé
Arsenal transfers: Gunners manager Arsène Wenger says that he has been impressed by West Ham's Mohamed Diamé this season
Arsène Wenger admits that he has been impressed by West Ham United midfielder Mohamed Diamé this season, amid mounting reports Arsenal could swoop for the midfielder.
The Senegal international has been in sparkling form this term, with his performances helping to propel the Hammers into the top half of the Premier League.
Diamé reportedly has a £3.5m release clause in his contract after completing a switch to West Ham from Wigan Athletic during the summer.
It has prompted interest from a host of top-flight clubs, and Wenger has taken not of Diamé’s match-winning displays, particularly in a 3-1 victory over Chelsea.
“He has a great presence and can drive the midfield,” said Wenger.
“I’ve seen him in games where he’s had a big impact, for example against Chelsea. ”
Last week, West Ham manager Sam Allardyce played down the chances of Diamé completing a possible switch across London to the Gunners.
“You are always worried about losing players but we have not had a bid from Arsenal for Diamé. I can’t see where he would fit into their side,” said Allardyce.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Rodgers: It isn't the Balotelli show
- Mourinho: Costa major doubt for Everton clash
- Aston Villa v Sunderland: Tickets available
- Mourinho wants to keep Torres
- PHOTOS: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool