- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger rules out ‘miracle’ signings in January
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger warns the club's fans not to expect "any miracle" signings before the transfer window ends
Arsène Wenger has warned Arsenal supporters not to expect “any miracle” signings before the end of the January transfer window.
The Gunners boss is yet to strengthen his squad this month, while he has allowed Marouane Chamakh to join West Ham on loan and Johan Djourou to complete a temporary switch to Hannover.
The north London side have been linked with a host of names, including Barcelona striker David Villa and Hammers midfielder Mohamed Diamé.
But Wenger was keen to play down any suggestion Arsenal could land a big signing before 1 February, with the Gunners boss confident his squad is strong enough to cope until the end of the season.
“If we perform at full potential we cannot expect any miracle from outside, we want to make things happen inside,” said Wenger.
“If someone else can strengthen our squad, we will do it of course, but we have the resources inside to do well.
“We have two players in every position, that should be enough, plus the young players in behind.”
Wenger also rubbished reports that he could leave Arsenal and join Bundesliga outfit Schalke.
“No. I have a contract here and I will respect my commitment to this club, always,” he added.
“The Bundesliga has a very interesting championship but the Premier League I think is a better one.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck