- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger targets ‘two signings’ in January
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger reveals that Gunners are "working very hard" to bring in two new signings in January
Arsène Wenger has revealed that he still hopes to bring in two new players to bolster his Arsenal squad before the January transfer window closes.
The Gunners have been linked with a host of names in recent weeks, including Bastia midfielder Florian Thauvin and Barcelona forward David Villa.
And although the Arsenal boss refused to name any of his winter transfer targets, the Frenchman insisted that the club are “working very hard” on bringing in new recruits.
“Yes [I still want two signings]. We work very hard on it,” Wenger told a news conference on Tuesday. “It is not the number that counts but the quality.
“I don’t give you any names. I don’t come out on rumours because it would put [teams] in a bad position. The player as well.
“You have to respect the player has a contract somewhere, is playing and as long as the transfer is not done for anybody it is best not to talk about it because it doesn’t work. He has to continue to play where he is.”
“If Zaha goes to Man Utd, good luck to him,” Wenger said. “We were never in for him. Never.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck
- RVP: Falcao will have to earn Man Utd place
- Rooney thrilled by Falcao arrival
- Özil marks anniversary of Arsenal move
- Kagawa and Liverpool legend seal German moves