- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger targets ‘two signings’ in January
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger reveals that Gunners are "working very hard" to bring in two new signings in January
Arsène Wenger has revealed that he still hopes to bring in two new players to bolster his Arsenal squad before the January transfer window closes.
The Gunners have been linked with a host of names in recent weeks, including Bastia midfielder Florian Thauvin and Barcelona forward David Villa.
And although the Arsenal boss refused to name any of his winter transfer targets, the Frenchman insisted that the club are “working very hard” on bringing in new recruits.
“Yes [I still want two signings]. We work very hard on it,” Wenger told a news conference on Tuesday. “It is not the number that counts but the quality.
“I don’t give you any names. I don’t come out on rumours because it would put [teams] in a bad position. The player as well.
“You have to respect the player has a contract somewhere, is playing and as long as the transfer is not done for anybody it is best not to talk about it because it doesn’t work. He has to continue to play where he is.”
“If Zaha goes to Man Utd, good luck to him,” Wenger said. “We were never in for him. Never.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Oxlade-Chamberlain hails Chambers's move
- Juventus confident of Vidal stay
- Van Gaal: I won't buy for the sake of it
- Liverpool hand Lovren No6 shirt
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Chambers