- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd monitor Di Maria, Arsenal chase Costa
Arsenal transfers: Djourou keen to make Hannover move permanent
Arsenal transfers: Johan Djourou says he wants to make his loan move from the Gunners to Hannover a permanent one
Johan Djourou has revealed that he wants to earn a permanent move to Hannover 96 after joining the German club on loan from Arsenal.
The Switzerland international has been out-of-favour at The Emirates this season, making just two appearances for the Gunners in the Capital One Cup.
The 26-year-old centre-half was fourth in the pecking order at Arsenal, and he hopes his performances over the coming months will help him earn a permanent deal at the Bundesliga outfit.
“Arsenal did not want to include a buy option,” he said. “But those things don’t worry me right now. I have to perform first, to make sure Hannover want to buy me.
“As a team we have the quality to reach the Champions League.
“Everything has to work out great and we all have to stay fit. It is a high goal, but you need to have them in sport.”
Djourou has scored once in 158 appearances for the north London side after making his debut in a 3-1 victory over Everton in the League Cup in 2004.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Lovren can't wait to link up with Liverpool squad
- Rodgers: Lovren an important Liverpool signing
- Liverpool complete £20m Lovren signing
- Arsenal target Griezmann set to join Atletico