- Arsenal transfers: Sami Khedira ‘agrees personal terms with Gunners’
- Man Utd transfers: Dortmund speak out about Hummels and Reus
- Abou Diaby can be a major asset for Arsenal, says Arsène Wenger
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid ‘looking to offload Sami Khedira’
- Photos: Man Utd train ahead of LA Galaxy clash
- Lionel Messi ‘enquired about Arsenal move last season’
Arsenal transfers: Djourou keen to make Hannover move permanent
Arsenal transfers: Johan Djourou says he wants to make his loan move from the Gunners to Hannover a permanent one
Johan Djourou has revealed that he wants to earn a permanent move to Hannover 96 after joining the German club on loan from Arsenal.
The Switzerland international has been out-of-favour at The Emirates this season, making just two appearances for the Gunners in the Capital One Cup.
The 26-year-old centre-half was fourth in the pecking order at Arsenal, and he hopes his performances over the coming months will help him earn a permanent deal at the Bundesliga outfit.
“Arsenal did not want to include a buy option,” he said. “But those things don’t worry me right now. I have to perform first, to make sure Hannover want to buy me.
“As a team we have the quality to reach the Champions League.
“Everything has to work out great and we all have to stay fit. It is a high goal, but you need to have them in sport.”
Djourou has scored once in 158 appearances for the north London side after making his debut in a 3-1 victory over Everton in the League Cup in 2004.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Messi 'enquired about Arsenal move'
- Mourinho convinced Chelsea can win the title
- AC Milan admit Balotelli could leave
- Liverpool 'beat Arsenal to Manquillo deal'
- Zaha keen to impress Van Gaal