- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Aston Villa transfers: Paul Lambert rules out panic buying in January
Aston Villa transfers: Paul Lambert insists he won't panic buy in January despite their current struggles in the Premier League
Paul Lambert insists Aston Villa will not panic buy in January despite their current struggles in the Premier League.
The Birmingham outfit have lost five straight league games, conceding 18 goals, after a shock 3-1 win at Liverpool on 15 December.
But Lambert, who has relied on Villa’s promising youngsters this season, says he does not have a big budget at his disposal this month, instead hinting at possible loan deals.
“There is a chance of no signings at all. There is also a chance you might try and get someone in, so it works both ways,” Lambert said.
“We’d try to do something if I thought the people we could get in would make it better.
“But if we can’t do it, and I have to go with the group that’s there, then I’ll go with what’s there. What I don’t want to do is fill the place with people I’m bringing in just for the sake of bringing them in.
“A £15m spending spree is not on the agenda, nowhere near it.
“Loans are not something I’d disregard. I’ll just have to wait and see on that as well.”
Villa face derby rivals West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns on Saturday.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings