- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing Danny Welbeck
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Özil & more: Twitter reacts as Welbeck joins Arsenal from Man Utd
- Danny Welbeck only wanted to quit Man Utd for Arsenal, says Alan Smith
Aston Villa transfers: Paul Lambert rules out panic buying in January
Aston Villa transfers: Paul Lambert insists he won't panic buy in January despite their current struggles in the Premier League
Paul Lambert insists Aston Villa will not panic buy in January despite their current struggles in the Premier League.
The Birmingham outfit have lost five straight league games, conceding 18 goals, after a shock 3-1 win at Liverpool on 15 December.
But Lambert, who has relied on Villa’s promising youngsters this season, says he does not have a big budget at his disposal this month, instead hinting at possible loan deals.
“There is a chance of no signings at all. There is also a chance you might try and get someone in, so it works both ways,” Lambert said.
“We’d try to do something if I thought the people we could get in would make it better.
“But if we can’t do it, and I have to go with the group that’s there, then I’ll go with what’s there. What I don’t want to do is fill the place with people I’m bringing in just for the sake of bringing them in.
“A £15m spending spree is not on the agenda, nowhere near it.
“Loans are not something I’d disregard. I’ll just have to wait and see on that as well.”
Villa face derby rivals West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns on Saturday.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Welbeck suffers minor injury setback
- Van Persie denies injury reports
- Liverpool chief hails Man Utd's Falcao deal
- Tottenham confirm Walker surgery
- PHOTOS: Arsenal unveil new signing Welbeck