- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
- Paul Scholes: Jack Wilshere can come of age at Arsenal this season
- Liverpool transfers: Rodgers rejects Tottenham comparisons
Chelsea transfers: Fer not replacing Fellaini, says Everton boss Moyes
Chelsea transfers: David Moyes rubbishes the suggestion Everton want to sign Leroy Fer as a replacement for Marouane Fellaini
David Moyes has rubbished speculation that suggests Everton want to sign FC Twente’s Leroy Fer as a replacement for Chelsea target Marouane Fellaini.
The Toffees are close to completing a £8.6m deal for the Dutch star, although the midfielder’s move is now in doubt after Everton unearthed a knee injury during his medical.
The Merseyside outfit want to renegotiate the deal in order to protect themselves financially should the injury reoccur after Fer was side-lined with the knee problem for much of the 2011/12 campaign.
Chelsea have been heavily linked with a move for Fellaini, who has scored eight goals in 22 appearances, in recent months, but Moyes insists the Belgian won’t be leaving despite Fer’s touted move.
“I read something about him replacing Fellaini and that’s the biggest load of tosh I have heard,” Moyes told the Mirror.
“That’s nonsense, whoever wrote or said that.
“They are different types of players. No, that’s not the reason for bringing him, that’s for sure.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Costa & Fabregas impress v Vitesse
- Video: Fàbregas scores first Chelsea goal
- Twitter reacts as Lukaku completes Everton move
- Martinez hails historic Lukaku signing
- Lukaku hopes to progress at Chelsea