- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
- Arsenal transfers: Ray Parlour urges Gunners to sign Edinson Cavani
Chelsea transfers: Fer not replacing Fellaini, says Everton boss Moyes
Chelsea transfers: David Moyes rubbishes the suggestion Everton want to sign Leroy Fer as a replacement for Marouane Fellaini
David Moyes has rubbished speculation that suggests Everton want to sign FC Twente’s Leroy Fer as a replacement for Chelsea target Marouane Fellaini.
The Toffees are close to completing a £8.6m deal for the Dutch star, although the midfielder’s move is now in doubt after Everton unearthed a knee injury during his medical.
The Merseyside outfit want to renegotiate the deal in order to protect themselves financially should the injury reoccur after Fer was side-lined with the knee problem for much of the 2011/12 campaign.
Chelsea have been heavily linked with a move for Fellaini, who has scored eight goals in 22 appearances, in recent months, but Moyes insists the Belgian won’t be leaving despite Fer’s touted move.
“I read something about him replacing Fellaini and that’s the biggest load of tosh I have heard,” Moyes told the Mirror.
“That’s nonsense, whoever wrote or said that.
“They are different types of players. No, that’s not the reason for bringing him, that’s for sure.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck