- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
Chelsea transfers: Rafael Benítez still looking to strengthen this month
Chelsea transfers: Rafael Benítez says he has spoken to Roman Abramovich about the possibility of strengthening his squad
Rafael Benítez has revealed that he has held talks with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich over the possibility of strengthening his squad during the January transfer window.
The Blues have only brought in striker Demba Ba from Newcastle this month despite being linked with a host of names, including the likes of Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Willian and Atlético Madrid forward Radamel Falcao.
Despite refusing to name any potential targets, the Spaniard hinted that he is still looking to bring in reinforcements before 1 February in order to give some of his over-worked players a much-needed rest.
“We cannot rest too many players because our squad is not that big in certain positions,” said the Chelsea interim boss.
“I had a good conversation about this with the owner the other day. I gave my opinion, he listened to me. But I have to concentrate on the team.
“I have to play Frank Lampard and Ramires all the time because we have problems with injuries and suspensions and we have two players at the Africa Nations Cup.
“We have had nine games a month since I came here and the players are a little tired. You can really see the difference when players are allowed to have a rest.”
Chelsea travel to League One side Brentford in the FA Cup fourth round on Sunday afternoon.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Back Cavani to join Man Utd at 6/5 or Liverpool at 3/1!
- Diaby hopes to stay injury-free
- Mourinho: I wanted to sign Modric
- Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Sturridge: Liverpool hungry for success