- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
Everton transfers: David Moyes would love to sign another striker
Everton transfers: David Moyes says he would love to sign another striker before the end of January with Nikica Jelavić misfiring
David Moyes says that he would love to sign a striker before the January transfer window closes as Toffees forward Nikica Jelavić continues to struggle for form.
With Victor Anichebe acting as back-up to Jelavić, Moyes admitted that he would like bolster his options in attack.
“I would love to (bring another striker in) but I would be very surprised if I did,” Moyes said.
Jelavić has scored scored six goals in 22 Premier League appearances this season, but the Croatian has found the net just once in his last 12 outings.
In contrast, the former Rangers man netted nine goals in 13 games following his £5m switch to the Toffees from the SPL outfit in January 2011.
Despite Jelavić’s poor form, Moyes vowed to stick with the Everton striker in the hope that the 27-year-old can rediscover his best form.
“I want to give him every opportunity to get it right and I felt this was an opportunity.
“I have been looking at it and I will need to look at it again. Obviously I want to give him every positive I can to show I trust him by playing him in the team.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Mata sees funny side of Mata mix-up
- Barkley wants Everton to secure top four
- Wilshere: Zelalem has so much natural ability
- Drogba wants to help Chelsea end title drought
- Rodgers: Man City the team to beat