- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd make double bid, Arsenal to sign Carvalho
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Divock Origi explains why he picked Liverpool over Tottenham Hotspur
- Real Madrid didn’t appreciate Angel di Maria, says Man Utd signing’s father
Hazard and ball boy have apologised to each other – Chelsea boss Benítez
Rafael Benítez says Eden Hazard has apologised to the ball boy who he clashed with before being sent off at Swansea
Rafael Benítez has revealed that Eden Hazard has apologised to the ball boy who he clashed with before being sent off during Chelsea’s goalless draw at Swansea.
With 12 minutes remaining and Chelsea trailing 2-0 from the first leg of the Capital One Cup semi-final, Hazard lost patience when a ball boy refused to hand over the ball after it had gone out of play.
Hazard attempted to kick the ball our from underneath him but appeared to make contact with the youngster, before referee Chris Foy produced a straight red card.
“Eden Hazard has been in to see the ball boy and the two have apologised to each other,” said the Chelsea interim boss.
“The ball boy knows he was wasting time. We are disappointed to lose the player but we cannot change things.
“They both recognise there was a mistake.
“The boy was apologising for time wasting. Hazard was frustrated and tried to get the ball. He was kicking the ball and getting the ball.
“We can analyse if for half an hour but we know that both are wrong.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ba came close to joining Arsenal
- Scholes: Di Maria should be scoring 20 goals
- Ronaldo looking forward to Liverpool showdown
- Pochettino: I've always had faith in Kane
- Twitter reacts as Liverpool draw Real Madrid