- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
Hazard and ball boy have apologised to each other – Chelsea boss Benítez
Rafael Benítez says Eden Hazard has apologised to the ball boy who he clashed with before being sent off at Swansea
Rafael Benítez has revealed that Eden Hazard has apologised to the ball boy who he clashed with before being sent off during Chelsea’s goalless draw at Swansea.
With 12 minutes remaining and Chelsea trailing 2-0 from the first leg of the Capital One Cup semi-final, Hazard lost patience when a ball boy refused to hand over the ball after it had gone out of play.
Hazard attempted to kick the ball our from underneath him but appeared to make contact with the youngster, before referee Chris Foy produced a straight red card.
“Eden Hazard has been in to see the ball boy and the two have apologised to each other,” said the Chelsea interim boss.
“The ball boy knows he was wasting time. We are disappointed to lose the player but we cannot change things.
“They both recognise there was a mistake.
“The boy was apologising for time wasting. Hazard was frustrated and tried to get the ball. He was kicking the ball and getting the ball.
“We can analyse if for half an hour but we know that both are wrong.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Man Utd flop Bebe joins Benfica
- Blanc coy on Di Maria link
- Law backs Van Gaal to lead Man Utd into Europe
- Ancelotti tells Di Maria to fight for Madrid future
- Twitter reacts as Drogba seals Chelsea return