- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
Hazard and ball boy have apologised to each other – Chelsea boss Benítez
Rafael Benítez says Eden Hazard has apologised to the ball boy who he clashed with before being sent off at Swansea
Rafael Benítez has revealed that Eden Hazard has apologised to the ball boy who he clashed with before being sent off during Chelsea’s goalless draw at Swansea.
With 12 minutes remaining and Chelsea trailing 2-0 from the first leg of the Capital One Cup semi-final, Hazard lost patience when a ball boy refused to hand over the ball after it had gone out of play.
Hazard attempted to kick the ball our from underneath him but appeared to make contact with the youngster, before referee Chris Foy produced a straight red card.
“Eden Hazard has been in to see the ball boy and the two have apologised to each other,” said the Chelsea interim boss.
“The ball boy knows he was wasting time. We are disappointed to lose the player but we cannot change things.
“They both recognise there was a mistake.
“The boy was apologising for time wasting. Hazard was frustrated and tried to get the ball. He was kicking the ball and getting the ball.
“We can analyse if for half an hour but we know that both are wrong.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Liverpool unveil new signing Origi
- Origi: Mignolet says Liverpool is perfect for me
- Rodgers: Origi one of world's brightest talents
- Origi vows to 'maximise' Liverpool chance
- Photos: Man Utd squad meet tennis stars