- England v India: Tickets available for third Test match
- England v India: Alastair Cook ‘desperate’ to end poor form
- England v India: Jos Buttler replaces Matt Prior for third Test
- England v India: James Anderson praises hosts’s ‘relentless’ attack
- Mark Ramprakash ‘very impressed’ with Irish cricket’s development
- England v India: Stuart Broad frustrated with unfavourable wicket
India v England: Buttler set to replace Kieswetter for fourth ODI in Mohali
India v England: Jos Buttler is set to replace his Somerset team-mate Craig Keiswetter for the fourth ODI. Harry Kemble reports
Jos Buttler looks set to replace his Somerset team-mate Craig Kieswetter for England’s must-win fourth one-day international of the India series in Mohali.
New limited-overs coach Ashley Giles insisted that he would contemplate changes after arriving in Chandigarh on Sunday following another disappointing defeat in Ranchi.
ODI keeper Kieswetter has struggled in India so far, hitting just 18 and nought in the last two games, batting at the pivotal number six slot despite being earmarked as England’s first-choice wicketkeeper for this summer’s ICC Champions Trophy.
Meanwhile Buttler, the incumbent T20 keeper, has been the focal point of the two practice sessions at the Punjabi Cricket Association Stadium and looks ready to step into the side for Wednesday’s must win match.
Bruce French, the national side’s keeping coach, believes the highly-rated Buttler would soon compete with his county team-mate for the troublesome position in England’s side.
But with the series hanging by a thread, Giles knows he must act now if the tourists are to avoid a fifth-straight ODI series defeat in India.
England’s bowling department should remain the same, despite Steven Finn suffering a blow to his right index finger in Monday’s practice session.
Although Jade Dernbach, who now has the highest economy rate in ODI history with 6.28 runs per over having been wayward at best in the series, could switch for Stuart Meaker.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
- Buttler replaces Prior for third Test
- England v India: Tickets available
- Cook 'desperate' to end poor form
- Agnew: Deep concerns about England form
- Broad backed Anderson for century