- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Vertonghen & more: Twitter reacts as Dawson swaps Tottenham for Hull
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal rules out any further signings
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Rooney, Lineker & more: Twitter reacts as Di Maria completes Man Utd move
I’ll have to rest Wilshere at some point, says Arsenal boss Wenger
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger admits he will have to rest midfielder Jack Wilshere at some point over the coming months
Arsène Wenger admits he will have to rest Jack Wilshere at some point in the coming months to prevent the Arsenal midfielder from burning out.
The 20-year-old has made a successful comeback from 14 months on the sidelines with ankle and knee problems and has been one of the Gunners’ standout performers this season.
Wenger, whose side host Swansea City in their FA Cup third-round replay on Wednesday, admits that he will have to give Wilshere a rest but does not expect to do so just yet.
“Maybe [I won't rest him] in this period, but at some stage I will do it,” Wenger said of Wilshere, who has already notched up 15 appearances in all competitions this season.
“At the moment I don’t think he is overloaded because he just came back very recently, and you get the feeling that he gets stronger.
“We have a good approach taking the physical analysis and statistical analysis between what the player feels and what the medical department thinks, and you have to come to a conclusion on that.
“At the moment, all these three are positives so I don’t think at the moment I will rest him immediately. But it will happen.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Wenger open to further Arsenal signings
- Giroud ruled out until December
- PHOTOS: Sánchez fires Arsenal into group stage
- Man Utd are a joke! Carragher makes Twitter dig