- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
- Mauricio Pochettino discusses whether Spurs signing will face Liverpool
Holtby convinced to join Tottenham by ‘insanely good’ Villas-Boas
Tottenham new-boy Lewis Holtby reveals he snubbed an offer from Arsenal to link up with 'insanely good' André Villas-Boas
Lewis Holtby has revealed he snubbed an offer from Arsenal in favour of linking up with the “insanely good” André Villas-Boas at Tottenham Hotspur.
The 22-year-old is set to move from Schalke to the north London outfit in July when the Germany international’s contract expires in the summer.
Ranked as one of the Bundesliga’s brightest prospects, Holtby insisted he had no hesitation about agreeing to join Tottenham.
“[Tottenham] are not a small club and have an insanely good manager,” Holtby said.
“I simply had to take the offer from Tottenham. New things don’t scare me, they excite me. In my opinion Tottenham is a
big club in Europe.
“Without Tottenham’s offer I would have signed at Schalke. I can only repeat that [club chief] Horst Heldt made a very good offer.
“I believe that I have a good relation to the fans, because I have always been authentic and honest. Now they can decide on their own how to react.”
Holtby could join Tottenham before the summer, with Schalke reportedly open to agreeing an early release for the playmaker.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Man Utd are making progress, says Van Gaal
- Fowler blasts disrespectful Van Gaal
- West Ham sign Song on season-long loan deal
- Hazard 'feeling good' back at Chelsea
- PHOTOS: Arsenal train ahead of Leicester trip