- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Holtby convinced to join Tottenham by ‘insanely good’ Villas-Boas
Tottenham new-boy Lewis Holtby reveals he snubbed an offer from Arsenal to link up with 'insanely good' André Villas-Boas
Lewis Holtby has revealed he snubbed an offer from Arsenal in favour of linking up with the “insanely good” André Villas-Boas at Tottenham Hotspur.
The 22-year-old is set to move from Schalke to the north London outfit in July when the Germany international’s contract expires in the summer.
Ranked as one of the Bundesliga’s brightest prospects, Holtby insisted he had no hesitation about agreeing to join Tottenham.
“[Tottenham] are not a small club and have an insanely good manager,” Holtby said.
“I simply had to take the offer from Tottenham. New things don’t scare me, they excite me. In my opinion Tottenham is a
big club in Europe.
“Without Tottenham’s offer I would have signed at Schalke. I can only repeat that [club chief] Horst Heldt made a very good offer.
“I believe that I have a good relation to the fans, because I have always been authentic and honest. Now they can decide on their own how to react.”
Holtby could join Tottenham before the summer, with Schalke reportedly open to agreeing an early release for the playmaker.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings