- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling dreaming of FA Cup final at Wembley
Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling says he is hoping to fulfill a "dream" by playing in the FA Cup final at Wembley this season
Raheem Sterling has revealed that he is eyeing a “dream” Wembley appearance this season ahead of Liverpool’s FA Cup fourth-round clash against Oldham Athletic.
The 18-year-old has scored two goals in 22 Premier League appearances this term after making his much-anticipated Liverpool debut last season.
Sterling grew up next to Wembley, having played for Queens Park Rangers’ youth side before being snapped up by the 18-time English champions in 2010.
The England star did not feature in Liverpool’s League Cup triumph last season, while he was also absent for their FA Cup final loss to Chelsea.
But the Jamaican-born forward is hoping to play his part in a successful run to the showpiece this campaign – and finally get the chance to play at Wembley.
“My school was literally two minutes away from the stadium,” he told The Independent. “When it was being built I used to ride around there on my BMX, just circling the area.
“At first there was nothing there, then one day there was an arch and then on it went until it was finished. I never tried to sneak in but there was a little market there on a Sunday. That was the closest I got to it.
“For the first FA Cup final there between Chelsea and Manchester United they gave free tickets to the gifted and talented kids at the school. When I got to the stadium it was just beautiful.
“From that moment, I wanted to play there. It would be a dream come true.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Cech welcomes Chelsea legend back home
- Man Utd flop Bebe joins Benfica
- Blanc coy on Di Maria link
- Law backs Van Gaal to lead Man Utd into Europe
- Ancelotti tells Di Maria to fight for Madrid future