- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
Liverpool transfers: Birmingham still waiting for Jack Butland offers
Liverpool transfers: Birmingham City confirm there have been no big-money offers for England international Jack Butland
Birmingham City are still waiting for big-money offers for their highly-rated goalkeeper Jack Butland.
With Birmingham facing the prospect of possible administration, chairman Peter Pannu is hoping the club will be able to raise funds to ease the crisis at St Andrew’s.
But despite mounting speculation about the 19-year-old shot-stopper’s future at the Championship club, there have been no concrete bids for the Birmingham teenager.
“No-one is for sale and everyone is available,” Pannu told the Birmingham Mail.
“My top priority now – and if I do offend anyone, I care not – is to make sure this clubs stays afloat.
“I will do what I have to do and buy some time to ensure that I can hand this club over to good people who can take us to the next level.”
Birmingham manager Lee Clark revealed that he would like to keep Butland but is unsure if the up-and-coming England star will remain at the club beyond January.
“Whether we will keep him, I honestly don’t know,” said Clark.
“The only official bid the club have had in terms of a written bid or a verbal bid is the one that was turned down in the summer from Southampton just as I was taking the job.
“That’s not to say we haven’t had lots of interest in Jack and people asking the question.
“But in terms of somebody actually putting down that they want to take him and what they’re willing to pay, that hasn’t materialised.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ricky who? Sterling had to Google Rodgers joke
- Redknapp: Borini's wage demands prevented deal
- Lamela wishes Sandro 'all the best' at QPR
- Özil backs Welbeck to net plenty of Arsenal goals
- Welbeck to wear number 23 shirt for Arsenal