- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd close in on Di Maria, Arsenal sign £3m Ospina
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Tottenham transfers: New signings possible, says Mauricio Pochettino
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
Liverpool transfers: Inter want Wesley Sneijer decision by end of day
Liverpool transfers: Internazionale president Massimo Moratti wants Wesley Sneijder to decide his future by the end of Monday
Internazionale president Massimo Moratti has urged Wesley Sneijder to decide his future by Tuesday, with Galatasaray favourites to land the Netherlands international.
The 28-year-old is set to leave the San Siro outfit in the current transfer window after failing to a agree a new deal which would see the playmaker take a pay cut.
Turkish outfit Galatasaray had been favourites to sign Sneijder before Liverpool emerged as a possible destination on Sunday.
Sneijder has not featured for Andrea Stramaccioni’s side since September, and Moratti is keen to see the former Real Madrid star’s future resolved as soon as possible.
“It would be professional if he would make his decision by the end of the day,” Moratti told Gazzetto dello Sport.
On Saturday, Galatasaray posted a statement on their website which appeared to suggest a €10m (£8.3m) deal was close to being completed for Sneijder.
It read: “The transfer of Wesley Sneijder has been agreed between Inter and the club, and negotiations are ongoing with the player.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Henry: Time was right to sell Suárez
- Van Gaal hints at defensive signings for Man Utd
- Herrera: My Man Utd debut was a dream
- Shaqiri plays down exit speculation
- Rodgers: Coutinho the brain of Liverpool side