- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
Liverpool transfers: Inter want Wesley Sneijer decision by end of day
Liverpool transfers: Internazionale president Massimo Moratti wants Wesley Sneijder to decide his future by the end of Monday
Internazionale president Massimo Moratti has urged Wesley Sneijder to decide his future by Tuesday, with Galatasaray favourites to land the Netherlands international.
The 28-year-old is set to leave the San Siro outfit in the current transfer window after failing to a agree a new deal which would see the playmaker take a pay cut.
Turkish outfit Galatasaray had been favourites to sign Sneijder before Liverpool emerged as a possible destination on Sunday.
Sneijder has not featured for Andrea Stramaccioni’s side since September, and Moratti is keen to see the former Real Madrid star’s future resolved as soon as possible.
“It would be professional if he would make his decision by the end of the day,” Moratti told Gazzetto dello Sport.
On Saturday, Galatasaray posted a statement on their website which appeared to suggest a €10m (£8.3m) deal was close to being completed for Sneijder.
It read: “The transfer of Wesley Sneijder has been agreed between Inter and the club, and negotiations are ongoing with the player.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTOS: What Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Man Utd unveil £14m signing Blind
- Blind great addition, says Van Gaal
- Blind revels in dream move to Man Utd
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck