- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
- Liverpool transfers: Rodgers rejects Tottenham comparisons
- Paul Scholes: Jack Wilshere can come of age at Arsenal this season
Luis Suárez: Liverpool can still qualify for the Champions League
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is confident the Reds can still qualify for the Champions League this season
Luis Suárez believes Liverpool can still qualify for the Champions League this season.
Liverpool have not competed in Europe’s premier club competition since 2009, but Suárez is confident a run of good form would give the Reds a chance of finishing in the top four.
“It’s going to be difficult but in English football with all its ups and downs, you can never be sure of anything,” Suárez told Liverpool’s website.
“We’re not ideally placed at the moment, but I think that the club is on the right track and the team is playing in the right way and so we should still be hopeful that we can make this happen.
“Coming off the back of defeat against Manchester United, we need to be even more determined to get the home win [against Norwich] on Saturday in front of our own fans.”
Liverpool face Norwich City at Anfield on Saturday and Suárez has scored successive hat-tricks in his last two meetings with the Canaries.
But Suárez acknowledged that Norwich have improved dramatically under Chris Hughton over the past couple of months, and the Uruguayan is expecting a tough match.
“Yes, they’ve been good games to play in,” he added. “But this is an entirely different game and Norwich will be aware of our strengths and will be on their guard.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Lukaku completes Everton move
- Martinez hails historic Lukaku signing
- Lukaku hopes to progress at Chelsea
- Twitter reacts as Everton sign Lukaku
- Photos: Arsenal train in Austria