- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Podolski warns Arsenal not to get carried away by West Ham win
Lukas Podolski calls on Arsenal to produce more displays like the one which swept away West Ham as the season reaches its climax
Lukas Podolski has warned Arsenal not to get carried away by their 5-1 thrashing of West Ham on Wednesday.
The Germany international netted the Gunners’ first with a spectacular long-range effort as they game from a goal down to secure an impressive win at Emirates Stadium.
But Podolski has told his team-mates that they can ill afford any more slip-ups if they are to secure Champions League football for next season.
“It was one game and we have three points which is important, but we have 15 games more to play,” said Podolski, who has 12 goals and nine assists to his name this season.
“It’s not about saying, ‘today Arsenal are back’, because we need more of these games and more of these points. Then I think we are back in the top four.
“After the two defeats against Manchester City and Chelsea, the atmosphere was not so good, but now we have won 5-1 and we look to the next game in the FA Cup.”
Podolski, who joined Arsenal from Cologne in the summer, also believes that the Premier League is more gruelling than the Bundesliga.
“I think it is harder here,” he said. “You have tough games and then you see the league in Germany and there is only one team at the front – Bayern.
“I think the quality in the German league is very good now, not like five years ago. But I think the Premier League is a little bit better.
“When you look at the league now, we have 15 games to go and we must fight to get back into the top four.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings